CNIB gratefully acknowledges the advice and assistance of many individuals who have generously contributed of their time, expertise and passion since 1998, when the first book edition of “Clearing Our Path” was released. Their shared belief that accessibility of the built environment for Canadians living with vision loss is of the utmost importance has helped create this essential resource.
- Cynthia Barty, Orientation and Mobility Specialist, CNIB
- Dawn Clelland, Past President VIEWS for the Visually Impaired
- Jeffrey Chalmers, Building Code Specialist
- Mary Jane Finlayson, former Partner, The Finlayson Practice Inc. (former partner, Sweeny & Co Architects Inc.)
- Mark Iantkow, Director, Libertas Adult Education
- Chuck Letourneau, Starling Access Services
- Lesley Macdonald, former National Specialist Orientation and Mobility, CNIB
- Craig Nicol, Toronto Advocacy Committee of the CNIB
- Peter Parsons, former Orientation and Mobility Specialist, CNIB
- Rob Sleath, Chair, Access for Sight-Impaired Consumers
- Chris Stark, former Manager, Monitoring, Liaison and Mediation, Accessible Transportation Directorate, Canadian Transportation Agency
- Bob Topping, DesignABLE Environments Inc.
Thanks also to:
- Gary Baldey (Section Reviewer)
- Morgan Ineson (Bibliography and Photo Captioning)
- Julia Morgan (Editor)
- Rick Mugford, B.Arch (Illustrations)
- Alexander Shaw (Photographer)
CNIB would like to recognize the Government of Canada for their financial support that has enabled us to both update the 2009 edition of “Clearing Our Path” and make this an online resource.
Please note that the contents of “Clearing Our Path” reflect the views of CNIB.